An opportunity to join the Junior Race Team is offered to our sailors who have already participated in our 101 and 102-level programs, or sailors who have demonstrated the necessary proficiency to safely compete. Junior Race Team practices in Optimist, Open Skiff, Club 420, Laser 4.7, and Laser Radial saillboats.
Boat ownership is not required for Optimist, Club 420, or Open Skiff sailboats. However, if a host club for an out-of-town regatta is not offering a chartering option for your sailor’s boat and a CSC vessel needs to be transported to the event, a fee of $75/event will apply.
Regatta registration fees are a separate fee charged by the hosting club/venue and are not included in the fees paid to CSC. The Junior Race Team Coach or CSC Sailing Director will provide the registration details for parents to register their sailors for each regatta.
Sailors practicing/competing in a Laser will need to own their own boat.
Junior Race Team will practice for 4 hours (1pm-5pm)
CSC’s Spring 2023 season will have seven practices and feature one SAYRA Grand Prix Event:
- May 6-7 – Atlanta Yacht Club Cinco de Mayo Junior Regatta | Acworth, GA
Spring 2023 Junior Race Team Schedule and Details:
- The season will consist of 7 practices and 1 regatta.
- Practice Times: Sunday 1pm-5pm (Arrival by 12:30pm, Rigged & Ready to sail by 1:00pm)
- Practice Dates: March 19, March 26, April 2, April 9, April 23, April 30, May 14
- Regatta Dates: May 6-7
- Member – $420, Public – $540
- Additional Coaching Fee of $50 per day will apply for out-of-town regattas. (It is preferred that coaching fees be paid at the time of registration. However, if you are unsure about attending a certain regatta and decide later to attend, you may pay the coaching fee at that time. This does not include the individual regatta registration fee charged by the host club.)